Kilmarnock 0-0 Hamilton- Match Report

Kilmarnock and Hamilton play out goalless draw in Ladbrokes Premiership

Kilmarnock and Hamilton played out a 0-0 draw in the Ladbrokes Premiership with both teams lacking quality in the final third of the pitch.

Accies' Ali Crawford wasted two chances to open the scoring before the interval, while Killie's Souleymane Coulibaly had opportunities to break the deadlock early in the second half.

The teams were largely restricted to a series of half-chances thereafter, despite the attacking intent shown by both managers - although each side also had penalty claims turned down by referee Euan Anderson.

Killie boss Lee Clark made one change to his team after last weekend's 3-0 defeat at Ibrox, with Kris Boyd replacing Nathan Tyson in attack.

Meanwhile, Martin Canning dropped three players who started Hamilton's loss against Dundee

Gramoz Kurtaj and Massimo Donati were chosen in favour of Eamonn Brophy and Lennard Sowah, while Rakish Bingham was brought in for the injured Alexandre D'Acol up front.

After a scrappy opening 20 minutes, Hamilton pleaded for a penalty when Dougie Imrie tumbled under pressure in the box - but Anderson was quick to wave play on.

Shortly after, Ali Crawford squandered a good chance to put the visitors in front

The midfielder only had goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald to beat on the 18-yard line but his tame effort dribbled harmlessly past the far post.

Kilmarnock claimed for a penalty when Boyd went to ground after forcing his way into the area but again the referee was unconvinced.

Crawford then had another opportunity to score for Hamilton - and again his sidefooted effort drifted wide when it appeared easier for him to hit the target.

On the stroke of half-time, referee Anderson was once more the centre of attention as the ball looked to have struck the elbow of Kilmarnock captain Steven Smith in his own box

In spite of the Hamilton protests, play continued.

Shortly after the restart, Coulibaly came close to adding another impressive goal to this season's tally as the striker met a deep cross with a first-time volley - but Accies keeper Gary Woods was alert to the danger and parried away the effort.

Moments later, Coulibaly should have had the hosts in front as he latched onto a high through-ball - but Woods was quickly off his goal-line to smother the forward's attempted lob.

Boyd had the ball in the net with 15 minutes remaining but the striker was adjudged to be offside as he diverted home a low cross.

And the visitors nearly snatched all three points with the final kick of the game as Donati's long-range effort was brilliantly turned wide by MacDonald.

Source : PA

Source: PA